Information for Teachers
Curriculum guides will be available on our web site and will include suggested activities and background materials on the plays. Most of the time, curriculum guides will be available 6 weeks prior to the opening of each play.
Etiquette & House Rules
We ask that you share these simple “rules” with your students before arriving for the performance. These rules will ensure that everyone has a positive experience at the Playhouse. They will also be included in the teacher curriculum guides.
- Everyone must sit in his or her own seat, with their feet on the floor.
- There is no photography of any kind allowed in the theatre. Please turn off all phones, beepers, video games and alarms. The sounds can disrupt your neighbors and the performers on stage.
- Please don’t bring any food or drinks into the theatre, even candy or gum.
- The wonderful thing about theatre is that the actors are live and are performing the play just for the audience. The actors can be distracted by hearing members of the audience talking, so please do not talk during the performance.
- Even though talking during the performance is discouraged, students should be encouraged to have fun! They should know it’s ok to laugh if they see something funny, or even cry if they see something sad.
- At the end of the show, encourage students to show their appreciation to the actors by applauding. The actors love hearing responses to their performance.