Music by Alan Menken
Lyrics by Glenn Slater
Book by Cheri Steinkellner
& Bill Steinkellner
Based on the Touchstone Pictures Motion Picture “Sister Act” written by Joseph Howard
Directed by Matthew McCray
Choregraphed by Zaylin Cano
Music Direction by Kevin Gasio
OPEN CALL – NON-UNION PRINCIPALS/ENSEMBLE
- Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 15th, 2020
- Callbacks by Invitation Only
Open Call signups available via SignUpGenius
Seeking experienced and strong singer/actor/dancers. All auditionees must be 18 years of age or older – there are no roles for children in this production.
- Please bring to the audition a non-returnable copy of your professional theatrical resume and headshot.
- ALL characters please prepare 16 bars of a contemporary Musical Theatre selection that shows both vocal skill and range. Please bring legible sheet music in the correct key. An accompanist will be provided. No tracks or a cappella.
- Be prepared to dance.
- There is some pay for principals, but no housing. All roles are Non-Union.
Audition appointments are recommended for the open call. To schedule your audition, please visit SignUpGenius and sign up for an available audition slot. Please arrive 15 minutes early and expect to stay for about an hour. If you make an appointment and cannot keep it, please cancel the appointment so we can offer that spot to someone else.
Rehearsals & Performances
- Rehearsals are Monday – Thursday evenings, and Saturday & Sunday days, as needed.
- Performances are March 6-15, 2020
All auditions and rehearsals take place at
Lewis Family Playhouse
at the Victoria Gardens Cultural Center
12505 Cultural Center Drive,
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739
For questions, please email Amanda Knight at Amanda.Knight@CityofRC.us
Rehearsal Schedule and Character Descriptions
» Audition Form (PDF Format)
» Character Descriptions (PDF Format)